Making Time for the Good Stuff
Posted on March 18, 2014
Leave a Comment
My revisions are off to my editor, so in the meantime, I’m taking a little time to rest and relax and do some fun things:
- To Do: A Social Media Spring Clean – I’m in the midst of this process with the help of Miranda.
- Stephen King’s Top 20 Rules for Writers – Stephen King’s On Writing is one of my favorite books on the subject and is full of sound advice, much of which bears repeating.
- Spike graphic novel written by James Marsters – Can you hear me squee from here? I’m shamelessly fangirling.
- This week is the first consistently warm one of the year, so I’ll be starting my garden on Friday. I know this isn’t book related, but I don’t really care. I used to hate getting dirty, but container gardening made the job easy, and nothing tastes better than lettuce fresh from the garden. I do everything organic with heirloom seeds. You really can taste the difference.
- I ordered a copy of Horror Library, Volume 5 back in January, and I finally have time to sit down and read it. This collection of short stories has been nominated for a Bram Stoker award this year, and though I’m only 90 pages in so far, I can see why. I’ll be writing a thorough review once I’m finished, but if you’re hungry for some great horror tales, I can already tell you that I recommend it.